Monday, July 31, 2017

What is it about 2-year-olds?

This is my two-year-old neighbor, E. (Her parents might not care if I use her full name, but I didn't ask, so I won't.) 



Every time I see her she makes me smile, and I stop whatever I'm doing to say hi and try to make her smile too, which she almost always does.

The pictures are her "walking" Kahlua. She "walks" Bailey too, but it usually ends with him pulling away and leaving her on the sidewalk on her tush. But she happily lifts herself up and skitters toward Kahlua instead, who isn't as fast.

Last week I was walking past a playground and saw E with her dad. I shouted, "I'm coming in!," then proceeded to play and chase and jump around with E for the next 20 minutes.

It was the highlight of my day.

I saw her again yesterday on the sidewalk and said, "Hey! Where do you think you're going??" And she giggled, and I said, "Whatever you do, don't come over here!" And she giggled again and lurched toward me, then giggled and ran back to her mom's legs. Then I said it again, and she did it again.

It was the highlight of my day.

I like people of all ages, but there's something about a two-year-old that's more magical than any other age. Human beauty peaks at age two. It's my favorite number for a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment