Sunday, June 5, 2016

At last...Aquatopia


It makes me feel out of sync with the universe not to have experienced every waterpark in the Tri-State area.

Aquatopia, the indoor waterpark at Camelback Resort, has been on my to-do list since it opened last year.

We arrived Friday night about five minutes before the waterpark closed at 10pm. We weren't expecting to go that night anyway, but I was so excited that Samuel and I left Jen and Ethan at check-in and bolted downstairs to the waterpark. The doors were already closed, but two people were coming out the exit, so we slipped in.


We dipped our toes in the wave pool and I got nostalgic and held Samuel's hand. Just for a second. 

Today we spent the whole day at the waterpark.

It's 50% larger than Great Wolf Lodge, and has more teen-oriented slides, so a better fit for us now.

Jen and the boys liked the Venus SlydeTrap, one of those "toilet bowl" raft rides. We all agreed that someone in Marketing tried way too hard to work the word "slide" into "flytrap."



My favorite was the Skydive Plummet, a free-fall body slide with a 60-foot drop.


Full disclosure: Hurricane Harbor's speed slide is 76 feet tall, and Mountain Creek's is 99. But it was still unnerving standing on a Plexiglas trap door sixty feet up while the ride attendant said "3...2...1...."

Ethan and I also liked the FlowRider.


(One of these things is not like the others:)


The best part was simply being together with my rapidly aging family before Samuel goes off to college in three short months. 


End of an era, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment