Monday, May 23, 2016

Top 10 Expired Food Items in Our Kitchen Cabinet

I've helpfully added Jennifer's thoughts when purchasing each item.

#10. Goya Black Beans. April 2015. "You never know when a big storm might come that makes it impossible to walk the hundred yards to the deli, and everyone might be craving black beans. I'd better get five cans. No, six. No, wait..."


#9. Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes. August 2014. "You know what? I don't think we have any potato mix-type stuff in the house. Better hide this in the back of the cabinet--if the boys see it it'll be gone by Monday!"



#8. Betty Crocker Three Cheese Potatoes. June 2014. "Hmmm...Au Gratin or Three Cheese? Au Gratin or Three Cheese?" 


#7. Bella Famiglia Cavatappi. October 2013. "Hmmm...this sounds exotic. I'll have Pat make it for the boys this week."


#6. Starkist Tuna, 3 cans. 2015, 2014, 2013. "I think we need more tuna." "I think we need more tuna." "I think we need more tuna."


#5. Capers. April 2013. "We go through capers so quickly."


#4. Jello. March 2013. "I'd like to start getting some healthier deserts for Todd and the boys. And, oh, I like that Bill Cosby."


#3. Kuner's SW Black Beans. September 2012. "You know what sounds good? Black beans. We might already have a few cans at home. But wait--what's this? Cumin? AND chili spices?"



#2. Crystal Light. August 2012. "The boys will need lots of cold drinks when they get home from their playdates this summer."


#1. Goya Chick Peas/Garbanzos. March 2012. "Wouldn't it be funny if I just started randomly tossing shit into the shopping cart? Then, when Todd complains, I'll be all, 'Do YOU wanna buy the groceries?'"


The Aftermath: Top shelf was out of reach. Saving for another day.

 



#nojudgments #hoardersneedlovetoo

No comments:

Post a Comment