Monday, October 27, 2014
1. You get the fresh baby smell without the poopy baby smell.
2. You get a baby smile and a baby hug without baby vomit.
3. You get a sweet baby giggle without 2AM baby shrieking.
4. You can tell yourself you are the BEST CAREGIVER EVER. You're like, "Look how much this baby loves me! Quick! Take a picture before he gets snot on my sweater."
5. You can tell everyone how you'd take five or six more babies--without having to actually raise them or put them through college.
(Sigh. I'd take five or six more babies.)
Monday, October 20, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
A few nights ago Jennifer tried to trim the jungle of wild fur around Bailey's front paws, but she went too far.
That inspired me to sing him a karaoke song tonight.
Turns out the line is actually "the BIG LAKE they call Gitche Gumee."
Does that ever happen to you?
Monday, October 13, 2014
For 16 years I have been the not-shortest person in the Tarpley household. Jennifer has a half inch on me; like Tom Cruise and Michael J. Fox, shortness is part of my sex appeal. But it's going to be weird being the shortest of 4.
Samuel usurped the #2 spot AND #1 spot in the span of a few weeks sometime in 2012, and now he towers above both of us.
Now Ethan is poised to overtake me for the coveted #3 spot.
Can I hold him off until 2015? We'll see.