Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Holy multiple curse words


This is from JamesPatterson.com. It's the list of James Patterson's upcoming book releases. Are you @#$ kidding me? A new book every @#$ ten days? And I'm not talking dinky, 32-page picture books. These are chapter books and novels. Man, that's some serious output.

I've always admired soap opera writers, because they crank out the equivalent of three feature-length movie scripts every week. James Patterson is on that level, but by himself.

I'd never read anything by James Patterson before my trip to LA last week. I picked up "Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life" in the airport. Gotta say, it was a good book.


I was telling Jennifer earlier today, "You know, I'm proud of being a published author, but if I want to do it full-time, or even if I want to collect any royalties in my old age, I've gotta step on the f-ing gas."

She laughed at my use of profanity in a sentence about writing children's books.

I said, "Yeah, I know, that's how a children's author who used to be an Iowa wrestler talks. The competitiveness still bleeds through."

Then I came home, looked at James Patterson's upcoming release schedule and unleashed a torrent of multiple curse words--out of awe, mostly, but with some underlying jealousy as well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go write for an hour.


1 comment:

  1. But before you get too adrenalized, figure out who Chris Tebbetts is what his role is in writing the books. Maybe James just has ideas he hands over to Mr. Tebbetts?
    Speaking of which, Donna and I had a parakeet named "Tebbetts" after some baseball guy Daddy told us about named "Birdie Tebbetts." Factoid.

    ReplyDelete