Friday, June 1, 2012

It doesn't suck to be Ethan's dad


Tonight as I was trying and failing to revise a manuscript, Ethan came into the office, sat down next to me and started singing "It's a Fine, Fine Line" from Avenue Q.

If you've never heard that song before, it's a very sweet song about love and heartbreak, and without even any curse words.

So I opened my browser to YouTube and typed in "Avenue Q karaoke," and Ethan and I sang songs together until it was way past bedtime.

He still has the sweetest little voice, even at 11. It was fun to sing with him...fun to hear him, to watch him, to see him smile. It's really good to be his dad.

Bonus: our upstairs neighbors and their 6-year-old kids now know every song from Avenue Q--whether they wanted to or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment