Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No chocolate today



I'm trying to lose 5 pounds because I'm starting to be mistaken on the street for John McCain, and after calculating that chocolate probably accounts for 95.7% of my daily caloric intake, I decided to go completely without chocolate today.

I was going to go without chocolate yesterday, but at 1:30pm someone delivered the four boxes of Girl Scout cookies to my office that I had ordered a couple of months ago. So I ate about ten cookies, five of which were Peanut Butter Patties. Then after dinner I had half a donut, a Dove bar, and a bag of  Hershey Drops that my mother-in-law sent us this week. At some point during the feeding frenzy I realized I had intended to go without chocolate, so I wisely postponed the experiment until today.

Anyway, so far so good. I was tempted after lunch, and I had to jettison the remaining box of Peanut Butter Patties. I'm still staring at the box of Samoas on my desk, but it's unopened, which makes it easier to ignore. I think I'm safe until at least 7:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment