Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wisconsin


Just got back from a weekend in Madison, Wisconsin. I was making some instructional wrestling videos with my favorite ex-teammate Barry, celebrating his 50th birthday, and watching his daughter run a great high school cross-country race. Heck, I even went to church this morning, and lightning didn't strike me.

I hadn't been on a wrestling mat in 20 years, so I'm a little sore. The bad news: Barry politely suggested that I not wear my circa-1990 wrestling shoes. I guess it would be like an old football player walking onto the field with a leather helmet. The good news: he said I could probably sell them on eBay for $100.

Here's to good friends, fond memories, and all the really important things we didn't have in our lives 20 years ago.


1 comment:

  1. All that corn reminds me of the years we lived in Nebraska. Never before or since have I seen such immense fields of corn. It sounds like you had a great trip. I also am thankful for the blessings of the last 20 years. The things I've learned, often the hard way, are included on that list. A friend asked me once if I could trade everything I've learned through experience to go back and be young again would I do it. Not a chance. =) Some things are way more important than others. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete