Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy 20th Anniversary


We met at the University of Iowa. She was 22, smart, beautiful, and the magnet to which the compass of sweetness pointed. I was 25, cynical, self-absorbed, and trying to prolong my youth via grad school and amateur wrestling.

When my family met her, they warned me that if we ever broke up they were going to continue to invite her to family gatherings. I took the hint. I asked her to marry me. She said yes.

We had two babies, the most beautiful babies ever born, who grew into the most wonderful boys in the history of the universe.

Over the years, I've made Jennifer 5% more spontaneous. She has made me 5% more thoughtful. So we are both now pretty much perfect. Through it all, she has been my best friend. I would definitely marry her again.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are cool... All the best to you!! -Sara

    ReplyDelete