Monday, September 6, 2010

End of Summer


All good things must come to an end.

We had a good summer. Samuel grew another inch and got to see the real DeLorean from "Back to the Future." Ethan wrote about 20 picture books and sold them on the sidewalk. Jennifer got to see her family in Illinois. My first book came out and I sold my second.

We went to 3 water parks, 4 municipal pools, 3 beaches, 2 amusement parks, numerous playgrounds, 1 rowboat outing, and 1 river rafting outing.




Of course I think of all the fun things that we didn't do. I always want summer to last forever.

But I know that it doesn't, and that you can either hang onto the past like that guy in "American Graffiti"...


Or you can create the best memories you can and embrace the future.


So...sigh.

Full speed ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment