Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Samuel


Today was your 12th birthday, and now that it's 1:43 in the morning and everyone is fast asleep except me, I want to tell you again how much I love you, how proud of you I am, and how happy I am that we are in this world together and that I am your dad.

I love that you are kind to people. I have seen you touch people's hearts with your kindness, and the world is a better place because of it. I have seen little kids at school come over to you like you are their best friend, and you treat them like they are.

I love that you are such a good big brother to Ethan. He looks up to you, and you keep him from flying off into space.

I love that you are passionate about things. I love that you can spend an entire weekend building a flux capacitor out of a Wheat Thins box and stuff from the hardware store.

I love holding your hand, even at 12 years old, and I love the fact that you are still willing to hold mine. You keep me from flying off into space sometimes too.

I love that you make being a dad the most wonderful thing ever. I believe that someday you will succeed at building a time machine, and when you go back in time to re-live your happiest childhood moments, you will see that those were my happiest moments too.

The instant you were born, I knew that I would love you forever, no matter what. And I do. And I will.











1 comment: