Monday, June 29, 2009

Physical


I had my annual physical at the doctor's office today. I had gone for my blood and urine tests at a lab a week ago, and apparently I was supposed to fast for 8 hours before. But I had a granola bar with frosting that morning because I was afraid of fainting when they drew blood if I didn't have any food in my belly. Seriously.

So as a result, my blood sugar came back really high, and so today my doctor insisted on taking another blood sample. So now I was really nervous, because I HAD fasted for 8 hours before today's appointment, and I was already feeling light-headed after taking like 6 deep breaths in a row.

And just the thought of sucking all of the blood out of my body when I barely had any in there to begin with was paralyzing.

I think my doctor sensed that he was in the presence of a schoolgirl, because at the last minute he offered to give me a tiny little finger prick instead of sticking a giant needle into my arm.

My blood sugar is normal. My other tests all came back normal. If I chose to do a 50-concert tour I would be cleared to do so. But I am still a wimp, and there's no getting around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment