Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Samuel


You are 11 years old today.

You are the sweetest boy in the universe, and I am now quite certain that you always will be. I am very happy about that, because the universe is a much more wonderful place simply because of the love you bring to it.

You are a boy who will always believe in the magic of Christmas, even as you devise a radar navigation system to improve the efficiency of Santa's sleigh.

You are a boy who will always stop to pet a dog or comfort a crying toddler or hug your little brother just because he says he has missed you.

You are a boy who will grow into a loving husband, a doting father, and probably an award-winning architect or Wii game developer or mad scientist.

I have loved you from the very second that you were born, and I will love you forever and ever and ever.



Oh, and before I forget, here is your birthday gift. Don't tell Mom--it's a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment