Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year...whew


Well, the news is quite good, all things considered.

I started the holiday season by taking a 50% pay cut, as my employer, like most publishing companies, was not doing particularly well. So Jennifer and I sat down and did the math and determined that we could make ends meet as long as we cut out spending on things like Christmas cards and gifts, movies, cable TV, shampoo, toothpaste, electricity, water, food, and mortgage payments. Also, Samuel and Ethan would have to leave home and join the circus.

Alas, the potential loss of toothpaste was a powerful motivator, and I'm happy to report that I have just started a new job; perks include actual paychecks and lights that turn on. I may eventually return to a start-up, but probably not while I am alive.

We are extremely happy not to be living in a tent, but secure in the knowledge that even if we were we'd still have the love of each other, and things would still be okay.

We are also extremely happy to count our family and friends among our many blessings.

Here is a link to this year's holiday newsletter.

1 comment: