Saturday, March 22, 2008

Trip to Grandma's, Part 4


Still on the plane. It's a long flight.

Ethan: Dad, look out the window.

Todd: I think we're in a cloud.

Ethan: I think we probably are. I think we're in Heaven. The plane probably crashed. Dad, where does everyone's body go when they die?

Todd: They get buried.

Ethan: What happens when so many people die that all the ground fills up and there's no more room to bury people?

Todd: Good question. I've wondered about that myself.

Ethan: Dad, when are we there?

Todd: 25 minutes.

Ethan: 25 minutes?? Oh, it's so long! Dad, did you know that this day has lasted like two years?

Todd: In real life? Or it just seems that way?

Ethan: In real life.

Todd: How could a day last two years?

Ethan: I don't know. I guess God made a mistake.

Todd: Maybe we've been flying so long that we're orbiting the earth at the speed of light, and when we land, everyone will be two years older.

Ethan: Yeah, that's kind of what's happening. Dad, your whiskers are getting long. Do you think Mom will ever get whiskers?

Todd: I hope not.

Ethan: How much longer?

Todd: 20 minutes.

Ethan: Oh, my God! Only five minutes have passed??

No comments:

Post a Comment